Tuesday 4 September 2012

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly...

This should be three posts but for the sake of using a cliche film blog title it's going to be one and we're going to work through the three parts in reverse order...

The Ugly

I'm talking poo. It's basic biology really. People eat food, they digest it and then they poo the waste products. When the "food" is precious, wonderful, life-giving breast milk it's all very inoffensive. No real smell. No real consistency. Scores very low on the gag-ometer.

Now food. Like FOOD. That's some real POO.

I'm not going to get in to specifics but safe to say baby girl is producing the above and it's not like I just want to tell strangers about my babies poo for the sake of it. The point is, whilst she may just look like she is creating abstract banana sculptures and cleansing avocado face packs, she is ACTUALLY EATING! WAHOO! (And given my weaning nerves until this point I am pleased to confirm I really mean that "wahoo")

The Bad

Nappy rash. Doesn't need a huge amount of expansion. It's red and sore looking and I've been trying everything to get rid of it. My main concern is the cloth nappies and when I can't give her nappy off time I can't be using anything oil based as they clog up the nappies. The product that is rocking my world leads me on to...

... THE GOOD!

Been meaning to mention these products for ages. The "Earth Friendly Baby" toiletries. They are all kinds of YUM. Eco, feel good, smell INCREDIBLE, good for baby, good for Mummy, they're not cheap but they're not extortionate when I consider ALL of these products are lasting months and they work.

First the left hand product. Red Clover Diaper Cream. Can be used with cloth nappies and is doing wonders to sooth baby Euna's sore bum. It both moisturises and forms a barrier away from urine. FAB. (I am ashamed to say that I am yet to try the CJ's gubbins that EVERYONE in the cloth communities raves about but when I do it'll have a lot to compete with.)

Middle. Lavender Body Lotion. I love this. I love it for her, especially when she was teenie and needed something to stop her skin drying after a bath. I love it now for how beautiful it smells of relaxing lavender whilst we're getting ready for bed. AND I love it for me. It has moisturised many a pink and peeling shoulder of mine this summer.

Right. Lavender Shampoo and Body Wash. Similar to the body lotion it smells beautiful. It doesn't dry her skin like Johnsons body wash did. A tiny drop goes a long way. Sold.

Lessons:
1. Poo smells.
2. Earth Friendly Baby shiz is goooood. You need some.
3. I need to buy some CJ's.
4. I feel better than yesterday.



1 comment:

  1. Where can I buy those products from Charlie? Ava has started to get dry skin and I want to change her bath lotion. x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate, read and reply to all comments, I would LOVE to hear what you think today...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...