So summer ends and as I cracked open my winter wardrobe and the first of baby girl's fleecy bodysuits, it occurs to me that autumn is here. I'm not sad. I am ready for this. I love autumn. It's my favourite season, Steve's too. It's why we decided to get married in it.
Though I am aware I am not of the majority so I thought I would put together a little "Autumn Happy" inspiration;
- Hot drinks are better appreciated in the cold
- Cuddles are better appreciated in the cold
- Stews, casseroles and roast dinner
- SOCKS! How my toes appreciate their fluffy haven after months exposed to elements in flip flops
- Being cosy
- Euna will need an autumnal wardrobe...
- The feel good factor related to wrapping her up all warm
- Red wine
- Walking in to a warm indoors from a cold outdoors
- Cold but sunny days
- Nights in feel more justified
- No more weather disappointment, it's SUPPOSED to be cold
- Leaves, bright red ones
- Coat shopping
- Entire days on the sofa
- Rediscovering my faithful Uggs and marvelling in that they will last another year
- Films on Sunday afternoons
- The 100 additional calories you can enjoy daily on account of the cold
- Enjoying 200 additional calories daily because your autumn clothes don't judge you like your summer ones do
- Autumn crafts, most of which centre around maple leaves
- Remembering the harvest festival from primary school
- Wind burn
- Leaving the thermostat too high and feeling practically naked walking around in a vest top
- My wedding anniversary
- The excitement of seeing our first autumn as a family, her first Autumn EVER, I love firsts
Anymore? What did I miss? I have just opened my comments up to be from ANYWHERE! So whoever you 100+ people are who are reading me EVERYDAY (thank you thank you thank you) let me know! Give me some Autumn Happy...
1. A lot of my autumn happy evolves around shopping. I need cash.
2. Firsts are exciting.