Wednesday 19 September 2012

My Hopes for Her...


You may have read that on Saturday we celebrated Euna's birth with a little blessing-esc party. We didn't have ceremony but instead my Dad, Steve and I spoke some words and I thought I would share what I read. Basically I said some thank yous and then I read this, it's a little snippet from my pregnancy diary about the things I hoped for little Prawn (our name for the bump) before she came to meet us...

"Prawn, in a Johnsons Baby advert dream-like fuzzy montage here are the things I hope for your childhood...

I hope you laugh till it hurts everyday. I hope you are silly daily. I hope you have fresh air, scabby knees and dirty finger nails. I hope you have a real compassion for animals. I hope you have Alexander family "in jokes" and names for things that you remember until adult hood. I hope we have Christmas and Birthday traditions. I hope you enjoy good food and a great appetite. I hope you have a passion for being creative. I hope you have a (measured) portion of your Dad's enthusiasm for sport. I hope you have music that reminds you of your childhood the way "Footsteps of the Dance Floor" and Simply Red reminds me of my Dad's car. I hope you have a real interest in reading. BOOKS! PAPER ONES! I hope you ride bikes so far and so fast you surprise yourself. I hope you have access to wide, open spaces. I hope you love school.

Things I hope for your adulthood...

I hope you have an unshakeable body confidence. A curiosity for the exotic and new, including places, people, art forms and FOOD. I hope you experience love in at least a few of it's many forms. Independence and a pride in your independance. I hope you have a good sense of work/life balance. A love and loyalty for your family, past, present and future. I hope you have decent taste in coffee. Career ambition that fulfills you where it counts. I hope you have children. A childish sense of humour. An appreciation of your fortune and health. Confidence, self-assurance and respect. I hope you have friends of all kinds; ones that challenge you, ones you nurture, ones you talk to, ones you have fun with, ones who teach you about different warps of life, ones that get your professional life, ones who make you think "what would he/she do?" and ones who just think you are brilliant. I hope you love books. I hope you enjoy outdoor activities and creative outlets.

And through both your childhood and adulthood I hope you are happy."


Lesson: None today. Today I chilled and learnt nothing. Felt good. Tomorrow I go shopping with some friends and I'll learn how to appease buyers remorse with a calorific lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate, read and reply to all comments, I would LOVE to hear what you think today...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...