To catch you up I have left Euna once. At 3 months for 2.5 hours to go to the hairdressers with the husband. I didn't enjoy it, it wasn't "good for me" and I haven't done it since. I have had the luxury that I haven't had to.
She's now on other things besides breast milk. Intense, protective "mummy-lion" (as my friend Gemma calls them) hormones have settled. The idea is a little easier. Not made too easy by the thought of Euna gaging on her food and the appointed Euna-watcher panicking and not know what to do.
So what foods are way down on my gag list? (I could also recommend this to a friend as a finger-food intro list)
- Porridge fingers (dipped in fruit puree if needed)
- Roasted Courgette batons, can even remove the skins if you want to be extra careful
- Toasted pitta soldiers and hummus (she's never gagged on this)
- Mango fingers (and by extensive I'm tempted to put melon but I haven't tried this yet)
- Yoghurt dipped with a spoon and handed to baby
- Flakey fish, she just squashed it with her hands and licked the flakes of her fingers
- Strips of chicken, she didn't get anything out of it except for chicken flavoured dribble but I see her getting that flavour on her tongue as "eating" and there was definitely no gagging
P.S. Just added a handful of strawberries to my banana muffins... They smell AMAZING!