Wednesday 14 August 2013

Our Duo Isn't Forever...

Baby grows. And grows. And amongst all the wonderful reasons to be excited and happy as baby grows, one sad thought recurs to me; it'll also be the end of an era.

By the time baby comes there will have been 20 months of Euna and I on our own. Of course Steve is here on weekends and other people drop by. But the two constants are us, Euna and Mummy.

Thing is we're a team. For as long as I've been on this Mummy-train, she's been there with me. Everything I've learnt about being a Mum has been with her. That accounts for the wonderful, the beautiful, the exhausting, the life-changing, the frustrating, the fun, the bits when I didn't want it to end and the bits when I wondered would they ever end?! She's been my muse, my guinea pig, my first baby love, my crash test dummy, my lead product tester and my chief in charge of parenting quality control. She's been it all.
Equally I've been everything to her. For 9 months I was literally her universe whilst she became her. Then I fed her, just me, for 6 months. I'm her chef, her bum changer, her beautician and hygienist, her maid, her chauffeur, her... This list is boring me... Just everything!

Team Euna and Mummy we are. Though this duo is soon to change. And whilst this makes me happy in so many ways and there are so many wonderful things to come from the upgrade to a trio... There is part of me that is sad to see the back of so much exclusive Euna and Mummy time.
Nothing lasts forever right? Few things in this life are permanent. And I suppose fewer things would be special if they were permanent.

At this point in a post I like to kind of round things up positively. Fact is there is a sadness here, be it immensely outweighed by so much happiness to come, but there is an ending approaching to what has been the most wonderful time of my life. Truly. I don't regret the end, not a bit, I simply recognise it is to end and it was wonderful.

Thank you Euna, you've been beautiful. xxx
 “...and here's a secret for you - everything beautiful is sad...gilded with impermanence...” John Geddes, 'A Familiar Rain'

10 comments:

  1. What lovely photos!
    I think almost every woman feels the way you do now at some point during their second pregnancy, I was so worried that it would change my relationship with Ben and yes I suppose it has because now I love him even more for what a wonderful big brother he is. I'm expecting number 3 now and worry again about how the shift will affect us all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that's a wonderful point! COngratulations on number 3! How far are you? :D

      Delete
  2. Awww Charlie this is so beautiful xx

    Thanks for linking up with #PoCoLo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post x It does all change, but it's wonderful nonetheless. Beautiful photos x #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sara! I am so excited about being a trio! :D

      Delete
  4. Thank you Sara! I am so excited about being a trio! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so sweet! Beautiful pictures too! I remember feeling like this, as one chapter closes, another begins...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes it does! Can't wait but lots to enjoy in the mean time! :D

      Delete
  6. Your daughter is beautiful. I love your selfie of your baby bump. :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate, read and reply to all comments, I would LOVE to hear what you think today...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...