Sunday 15 September 2013

5 Pre-Baby Pledges

I keep saying I am going to make the most of this pregnancy and my last weeks alone with Euna... I keep saying it and then I get a hormonal wave of "oh-my-god-I'm-going-to-have-two-babies-and-then-I-might-not-have-time-to-shower-or-eat-or-sleep-or-perform-any-other-basic-task-ever-EVER-again!" kicks in and I go find something to organised myself.

But I will never be organised enough. I will never be totally prepared so there does need to be a switch off point.

So here's how I'm going to tether the nesting beast within me: by make a few simple pledges to myself for from now until the baby comes.

Pledge 1: I am going to practice my hypnobirthing relaxation exercises regularly to prepare for birth, be in the moment and get perspective.

Pledge 2: I am going to make sure we are doing as many Euna focused activities as possible. Soft play, drawing, zoo trips, park visits etc.

Pledge 3: I am going to make plans for ME. I want my hair done, my nails done and some alone time. Even if it is just a bath. I really struggle with prioritising myself, tell everyone "I'm fiiiiine" and then flip out when it gets too much (and blame everybody else for not being psychic and realising I was heading for said meltdown).

Pledge 4: Get walking. Presuming the cool weather is now settling in, I need not maroon myself indoors anymore. I'm craving crisp air and working up a sweat for a more cardio-centric reason. Feeling sedentary... Must MOVE!

Pledge 5: A date night. Or 2. Babysitters pending. We must must do this.

Not much productive in the above but I need to do them. I need to do the because there's no point in any of this if we're not enjoying the ride right?! Right.









Ni Hao Yall

12 comments:

  1. I love you pledges. I think they are all very important. In particular date night, we never did that, and I truly believe it was one of the reasons we forgot about each other.

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AH Molly that's sad and thank you for sharing. We just need to get the babysitter sorted now... GAH! :)

      Delete
  2. These are so great! Good for you for being intentional about carving out time for these very important things. Good luck with the remainder of your pregnancy!
    (Stopped by from the Raising Imperfection link up).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy! Thank you for reading and thank you for the good luck! So far so good and have everything crossed it continues this way! :)

      Delete
  3. Love the creative pick in the reflection on the door. Your little one is a cutie!

    I had two babies close in age myself. It's hard, but not so hard all at the same time. How close in age will they be? My are 18 months apart, and are now 10 and 11. They love each other fiercely and tease each other almost constantly, but I am so thankful they are close because they have a lot of the same friends and really do keep an eye out for each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah RaD! That's so lovely to hear, I have everything crossed they will really benefit from such a small age gap. I'm anticipating it being hard but then paying real dividends later on down the line :) Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  4. I should really follow suit. I'll be giving birth in a few short weeks as well, also having two under two (for at least a couple of months). My daughter is a busy bee, and doesn't like to stop moving. Thanks for sharing with Raising Imperfection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah good luck April! Looking forward to seeing your birth announcement! Yey babies babies! :D

      Delete
  5. awww honey what a great set of pledges and all very much needed!! getting nails and hair done is a must!! i didnt with 1st and it made me feel bad (sad i know)

    Thanks for linking up with #MagicMoments

    p.s cant wait to read next weeks x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jaime! Yes I didn't last time either and by the time I could drag myself away from baby long enough my roots were horrific!!!! Thanks again for hosting! :D

      Delete
  6. Euna is getting so big already. I love your five pledges -- especially me time! So important. And of course date nights. That can never be forgotten.

    Thank you for linking to Raising Imperfection.
    Please come back Friday to see if you were featured. :)

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    Raising-Reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lanaya! I know isn't she! I'm not prepared for another one to come along and start growing as quickly! How old is Reagan now? Thanks for hosting! :D x

      Delete

I appreciate, read and reply to all comments, I would LOVE to hear what you think today...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...