Thursday 31 May 2012

Exercise with a baby...

Weekend wedding = lots of pictures = "didn't know that bit wobbled" = GET ACTIVE!

Now the diet side of things I don't feel like I have too much control over due the monster breastfeeding sized portioning (ahem... and the endless opportunities to coffee and cake mornings that babies bring!) So what exercise can you do WITH a baby? I stress with for two reasons; 1) I'm not ready to leave her 2) Husband does loooong days so evenings aren't really an option anyway.

Ideas so far...


  • Walking with buggy - good for me, good for her, fresh air and sunshine for both and it's fairly easy to keep her from being burnt with the hood and parasol etc.

  • Walking with baby carrier - little harder work, a little less comfortable in hot weather and slightly harder to keep her out of direct sun BUT means you can be more adventurous with where you go.

  • Zumba - lady in my NCT group found a little local class held in a school hall with a lady doesn't mind me parking the buggy in the corner. Did mean mini A ended up doing the last two numbers with me but worked out great!

  • Buggy bootcamp - yet to try this one but apparently it's a SERIOUS workout... Oooo...
And today's idea... Mum and Baby Yoga! I'm really excited about this, been wanting to get in to Yoga for years and although I did a little whilst I was pregnant it wasn't real Yoga. Plus I think it'll be a lovely bonding thing for us... so off I pop in stretchy clothes and I'll be back in a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate, read and reply to all comments, I would LOVE to hear what you think today...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...