Wednesday 16 July 2014

Back At Ya...

The other week Euna tried to get past me in our bathroom and demanded "MOVE MUMMY!" At first I started to tell her off that that's not the way you speak to Mummy... But the inflection of how she said it was so familiar I knew exactly where she'd got it from... ME! It's tempting to take an old-school line on it and think she's the child and I'm the adult so therefore she should do as I say not as I do... Just because it seems justified that I tell her to "MOVE!" when Bow's crying and dinner's about to burn and my brain's melting from her tired moaning. But to her that's no less urgent than her needing to rush past me to get her toy Tigger of for his nap in her big girl pram. So I think I'm just going to go ahead admit dropping a parenting ball here. That's not how I want her to speak to me because it's abrupt and kinda cold. So why am I talking to her like that? 

I shouldn't is the answer. 

Ergo I need to think about how I'm talking to her and when I do talk to her am I ok with her talking to back me like that? THAT is the question. 

So it's all about kind words, loving tones even when I need to be firm and trying my very very best not to vent frustration through how I talk to her... Even in my eyes. Let's face it, a "excuse me please darling, Mummy needs to come through" mean naff all if I team it with a "FFS-Euna-glare"...


And here's a fav from my working week...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate, read and reply to all comments, I would LOVE to hear what you think today...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...